04 December 2007

Finally writing

Yes, that is a new post! This fall, I took the step of enrolling in a Writers and Books class on "Beginning Memoir". It was a great class, and an exhilarating experience to be finally writing. There were nine women in the class, very diverse ages and backgrounds, and we all really clicked. Everyone had a great voice and stories to tell. We were sad to have the class end, and I had everyone write their names and emails down. I know from friends who write that their writers' groups are very important to keep them going. I sent out an email the next week, and everyone responded enthusiastically to the idea of getting together. We met for the first time outside of class last week, and four of us had written something. I wrote the post below, based on the prompt "the strangest gift you've ever received."

2 Comments:

At 4:48 PM, Blogger repoman said...

You did not tell me that you had finally started posting. I'm so happy to see it!

You should give all of your "fellow" writers your URL so that they can read and respond to your posts and you can also post their pieces for discussion.

 
At 1:57 PM, Blogger repoman said...

Don't wait another 7 months for the next entry!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home