21 March 2006

Lack of Pride or Shame

OK, I obviously have not spent much time "being here now"! But I had to write this evening, just came from the Cub Scout meeting I prepared for over the past week, less than half the den showed up, which was more than the one scout who helped us with Scouting for Food on last Saturday. Just a few observations: it seems there is no shame anymore...no shame in not fulfilling your commitments, no shame in letting others down without warning. Everyone is so "busy" that it OK to forget, put aside...oh my, it is tiring and very sad to me. I think there should be some shame. There should be pride in accomplishments and commitments and a sense of loss when you don't live up to them.

2 Comments:

At 3:38 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Another insightful comment. Its a shame that there are so few of them. A book, a book, you'll have so many readers if you only write a book.

 
At 7:53 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Lami: Joe and I were scanning the blogs and we came to Being here now. Joe wondered where you have been. You're neither here nor now. Come on back and rejoin the ranks of the blogged elite. You have so much to offer.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home