15 October 2005

Autumn is here!

I was driving back from Buffalo today and got a great view of some trees along the thruway...the leaves were the colors of a flame, red on the bottom going to yellow on top. Beautiful is autumn in Western New York.
I enjoy a drive by myself...I can listen to any music I like, or no music at all. I can think, uninterrupted by the curious children or ranting husband. I need to say that I love my exuberant and noisy family, but I also appreciate the being by myself. Thinking whatever thoughts come along.
Today the music choice was Josh Groban...I needed to hear something Italian. Then I had a cleansing cry...it's that time of the month. I felt refreshed afterward, but the nose-blowing situation due to the crying/sinus infection wasn't really relaxing.
I was thinking about blogs, and my favorite blogs, and why I like to read them. Why do we think we have anything anyone else would like to read? Of my favorites, I realized that they were blogs in which a) the person was a decent writer and b) they wrote about things besides what they did that day. Ideas and passions, I think are the key.
That's how I came upon the name for my blog "being here now". It's a theme in my life that I think about in many ways each day...being present, being mindful. Taking joy in the journey. Being grateful. And it's something I'd like to keep myself focused on.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home