08 February 2007

Welcome back blogger

After some prompting from my husband and son, I decided not to let an actual year go by before I blogged again. How does that happen? Somewhere in between the loads of laundry, Girl Scout meetings, soccer games, saying yes to yet another committee/meeting/task force...hi, it's crabbylami and I am co-dependent! Yes, I'm aware of my issues and they say that's the first step. Time to move the other foot forward.
My husband gave me a beautiful article by Anna Quindlen about why we should write. As usual, her down-to-earth eloquence moved me to tears...I feel as though she has peeked into my heart and discovered my secret thoughts before I am even conscious of them. I do think that she alluded to a very interesting point, one that is part of why I enjoy reading other people's blogs on the internet...so much more interesting than your average television show. (Boston Legal and The Office excluded) The beauty of writing is in the details, and in what we reveal of ourselves. Good strong writing always carries the individual stamp of the writer. So for my husband, my son, and for myself, I will keep this article nearby for inspiration and I will make my effort to practice my voice and make my little mark on the world here...

3 Comments:

At 1:30 AM, Blogger repoman said...

I'm so glad you're back.

You have an awful lot to say, and it is something worth being said. I wonder if you realize the value of a voice that surpises the listner.

What I mean is that you travel in a number of circles where the "conventional wisdom" is entrenched if not very wise. A soft but firm and unwavering contrarian voice has a great deal of value.

I'm sure many of your "listeners" (and readers, too, if you'd just write more!) are surprised by your views. I'm also sure that you self-censor your views in person.

You could be free on the blog and in the book.

Keep at it.

 
At 1:32 AM, Blogger repoman said...

By the way, you should update (expand) your profile.

 
At 1:37 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I agree with repoman! You without a doubt have something inspirational about you, or maybe its everything about you. Being that I am a young woman, I look through life trying to find people I can look up to, confide in and ultimately grow from to be a better person. Every little girl wants to be their mother and marry their father but along the way she learns you need more strong influences around to help develop a sense of self. I think that you are a great role model, who has provided me with all of the above and more! A book would be a great way to reach out to more people plus if anyone could do it, I have faith that you are the right person for the job! Plus you have your own built in team...Repo man and I have it all figured it out.. you don't need an agent, you have one of those, you have a publishing connection, and i know someone who can help you to promote the book :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home